Cancer Support Group in Mumbai
Cancer can be a very demotivational journey. It is hard to keep battling every day when your body is betraying you. There are, however things you can do to stay motivated. Cancer support groups can help you cope with cancer via a community of cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers. Talking with people by sharing your concerns can prove to be more helpful to get through life. Another way to keep yourself motivated is indulging in hobbies or activities to enjoy life.
“Never Let Cancer Demotivate you to Live A Fulfilling Life”
How do Cancer Support Groups help?
A Cancer patient deals with a lot of problems not just physical challenges but with emotional struggles as well. Cancer Support groups are programmed for addressing patients suffering from cancer. In support groups, they can share their emotions and experiences with other patients facing similar issues. This motivates cancer patients to reduce stress, anxiety, depression, and feeling of isolation.
In these support groups, you can openly discuss pieces of information on how to find centers for diagnosis, whom to consult for a certain diagnosis, online and offline healthcare professional access, affordable medical treatment, and medication drug details. The choice of a support group depends on how they manage your issues and helps you feel hopeful at every step which is important for a carefree treatment.
You can also talk to our expert doctors and specialists regarding your necessary issues with cancer through Uhapo’s contact page or 24/7 Support Number +91-9137-44-1392 for supportive care and results.
Uhapo provides Free of Charge cancer support where we guide patients and caregivers with all the necessary information and guidance for better treatments. Uhapo also helps in providing cancer care navigation support to cancer patients. Some of the few cancer-type treatments Uhapo provides guidance in are as follows –
- Lung cancer – Lung Cancer is a type of cancer that forms in the lungs mostly due to smoking. It can also happen due to other external factors such as breathing toxic chemicals or secondhand smoke. Exposure to harmful substances in the air such as radon gas or asbestos and other carcinogens can also cause lung cancer.
- Neuro cancer – It is a tumor that develops in different organs of the body such as the gastrointestinal tract, lungs, and brain. It happens due to suppressed immune system resulting from HIV, organ transplantation, and sun exposure.
- Breast Cancer – Breast Cancer is the second most common type of cancer in women that develops in breast tissues. It is prominent in females over the age of 45 yrs and the various risk factors associated with these disorders are Alcohol consumption, Obesity, Smoking, Late Pregnancy, Contraceptive Pills, Radiation exposure, and smoking.
- Head & Neck cancer – Head and neck cancer is the seventh most common type of cancer in the world. Most head and neck cancers are caused by exposure to carcinogen substances that damage the DNA leading to the formation of cancer cells. The primary carcinogens associated with head and neck cancer are tobacco and alcohol use.
- Bladder Cancer – Bladder cancer is a type of cancer that occurs when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. It is linked with smoking, exposure to certain chemicals, chronic bladder inflammation, family history, or previous cancer treatments.
- Childhood cancer – It happens in children in the age group of 0 to 14 years due to mutation in genes that cause uncontrolled cell growth leading to cancer. The most common type of childhood cancer are leukemias, lymphomas, neuroblastoma, retinoblastoma, kidney tumors, Wilms tumor, and malignant bone tumors.
What Type of Cancer Support Groups Uhapo Provides to patients?
Uhapo Healthcare Services Community provides Cancer Support Groups based on the cancer patient’s needs. The different types of Cancer Support Groups Uhapo provide for cancer families and patients are –
- Motivational Programs – Many cancer patients are dealing with before or after-treatment traumas that need to be handled with support from caregivers and cancer survivors. We at Uhapo motivate cancer patients to adopt an exercise routine for their physical and mental well-being. Research has also found a significant positive effect on cancer patients’ bodies with exercise regimes. We even, develop optimism for painful treatments, encourage positivity, and develop self-confidence to face life with a new approach.
- Caregiver Counselling – A skilled professional therapist will examine the patient’s health through regular counseling that will help in processing emotions, strengthening willpower, and encouraging them to initiate communication with families and doctors. They also help in grief counseling with survivors’ families and members.
- Palliative Care Support – Palliative care team deals with your illness and disease by providing care and support to patients in relieving pain, improving quality of life, and managing emotional and physical concerns by coordinating care.
- Financial Help – Uhapo provides aid and financial support to cancer patients and families. It is specifically set up for patients with low financial support and earnings who find it difficult to afford expensive medical treatments.
- Nutritional Counseling – A nutrition counselor helps with healthy eating habits that maintain balance in nutrition, diet, and body weight of cancer patients by also incorporating a regular exercise regime in their routine.
- Wigs and Prosthesis – We also donate medical wigs to cancer patients who have faced hair loss during their chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or targeted therapy treatments. We also provide support in delivering prostheses. A prosthesis is a replacement for your body part that got affected by cancer and was amputated or removed to prevent the spread of cancer.
How to find the right support group?
You can find support groups through several options available on the internet. However, you need to look out for things that incorporate your healthcare. These are the ways to find the right support groups –
- Check with Hospitals or Medical Care Centers where you receive cancer treatment for a support group.
- Search Organizations online that organize support groups.
- Search for Patient advocacy groups that arrange meetups for cancer patients.
- Consult Uhapo’s team of cancer survivors and caregivers for support program information organized by our team on regular basis.
How does Uhapo’s cancer support group meetup happen?
Uhapo’s cancer support group happens in person or online mode. In-person meetups rather help cancer patients in initiating contact with other cancer members to share the experiences and struggles of their journey face to face.
Online support groups are beneficial to patients living far away from the location. Online support groups seem rather convenient for patients dealing with complex health issues who find it difficult to share their experiences in an unfamiliar open setting.
There are different types of cancer support group meetups that Uhapo organizes such as –
- In-person community of cancer patients for face-to-face discussions.
- Online Groups or discussion boards to discuss problems and issues regarding a particular health concern.
- Cancer survivors and caregivers programs to provide emotional and mental support.
- Motivational programs for the physical and mental well-being of cancer patients.
- Counseling for caregiver support and psychological care from Psycho oncologists.
These groups motivate cancer patients in dealing with issues and concerns that are not addressed by doctors and family members. Moreover, these support groups have benefited patients in recovering from cancer with fewer side effects as their self-esteem got boosted to deal with the complexity of procedures.
What Questions you may ask before choosing a support group?
You have self-doubt and concerns regarding your treatment and procedures. It is better to grab all the necessary information about your cancer to reduce overall stress. Based on recent studies, patients who do thorough research on the treatment plans get fewer side effects and effective outcome results. The essential information you need to gather before choosing the right support group should be-
- How specific cancer support groups take place. Is it online or offline?
- How often do the group meetups happen?
- When does the meetup happen and for How long?
- Who participates in cancer support groups?
- Can you receive the necessary help on an emotional and physical level?
- Who organizes the meetup?
- Is there an online social media community to ask your queries?
- How is the meetup run?