Nurses for Cancer Patients in Mumbai.
Being diagnosed with cancer means you will have regular medical appointments, treatment sessions, and tests to attend. You will have to be in frequent contact with your multidisciplinary team. However, due to the side effects caused by the treatment, you may not be able to attend your local healthcare practice. In this type of scenario, it may be advisable to arrange for a home care nurse, who will provide specialized medical care to you.
What are the benefits of a home care nurse?
- The first benefit would be that you will be at home. The home is more than just four walls and a roof. It is the place where most people find comfort, solace, support, and a sense of familiarity. Getting treated at home surrounded by loved ones helps a lot of cancer patients to be positive, in turn resulting in quick recovery.
- You would not have to travel for appointments if you are not feeling well.
- Many cancer patients feel that they are better able to tolerate the painful treatments when they are in the comfort of their own homes.
- You can arrange nurse visits according to your convenience and schedule.
What would be the duties of the nurse?
- The nurse has to support and reinterpret the doctor’s or the healthcare team’s plan of treatment.
- Sending back daily assessment reports of vital signs to the healthcare team or registered oncology nurse.
- Preparing healthy meals that are suitable to the diet prescribed by your doctor or dietician.
- Accompanying you to and from appointments with specialists, chemotherapy treatment sessions, or follow-up appointments.
- Attendants or Nurse assistants can assist in household chores such as light housekeeping, laundry, shopping, and running errands.
- Providing support to caregivers and providing them strategies to help them manage stress.
Where can you find a nurse for cancer patients in Mumbai?
Uhapo is your go-to place if you’re looking for a nurse for cancer patients. All of our private nurses for cancer patients are well-experienced with cancer care and can help assist patients while they go through treatment. Being able to stay at home with the professional and nurturing support that comes from a nurse at home can help to alleviate some of the burdens that come from dealing with a life-altering disease like cancer. Nurses can also alleviate the stress and ensure comfort to the caregivers and family members of the patients.
What types of nurses does Uhapo provide?
- Registered Nurses: Registered nurses are the most common type of nurse, and likely the ones that you will see often during your cancer visits. They combine their extensive knowledge of the human body, illnesses, and diseases with caring, emotional, and spiritual support. They provide medical care, like changing bandages, administering medications and chemotherapy, and monitoring the patient’s bloodwork and vital signs.
- Certified Nursing Assistants: They provide routine nursing care such as monitoring vital signs, hygiene, and grooming, as well as administration of some medications. They also help the patients with daily tasks such as bathing, dressing changes or wound care, and moving around the house.
- Advanced Practice Nurse: They are registered nurses who have obtained their master’s or doctorate degrees. They may work similar way to physicians, they may complete your physical assessments and histories, organize your treatment plan, help manage your symptoms and side effects, and even prescribe medications.
- Oncology Certified Nurses: Registered nurses or Advanced Practice Nurses can take additional education and certification in oncology. They are experts in chemotherapy, radiation therapy, managing side effects, pain control, and specialized care for cancer patients.
Nurses are the most visible and accessible members of your care team. They coordinate, provide and administer your cancer treatment. We at Uhapo know how important of a role nurses play in helping cancer patients cope better with their illnesses. Hence, we have created a network of specialist cancer nurses who are dedicated to providing you with the best care possible in the comfort of your own home.