Molecular Diagnostics in Mumbai
Molecular Diagnostics are the test procedures performed to determine infectious diseases, genetic disorders, mutations, and cancer cells. It analyzes biological markers in the genome and examines cell behavior through medical testing.
These tests help in deciding the therapies needed for treating patients individually. It is used in a range of medical facilities for prescribing personalized medicines, treatment methods, and quarantine measures for potential risks involved.
What are the benefits of Molecular Diagnostics over Traditional Methods?
Molecular Diagnostics offers several advantages as it has significantly revolutionized the field of microbiology and provides benefits such as –
- Sensitivity – Increases the sensitivity in methodology and helps in detecting organisms at lower levels.
- Specification – It targets specific molecules effectively for minimizing false positives.
- Rapid Turn around time – A few hours are required for all the tests and reporting results to happen.
- Application – Applications involved in treating infectious diseases, forensics, drug resistance, tumor marker detection, and monitoring.
Molecular Diagnostics are useful in diagnosing diseases only if the laboratory has validated results and provides accurate, reproducible data on diseases.
What is PCR?
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) is a technique used in molecular diagnostics to identify sequences of DNA or RNA cells for detecting the modification from original sequences. This helps in determining the number of cells damaged after monitoring samples of blood or tissue. It also detects the number of viruses in the body that impacts the proper functioning of the body. This potentially helps in signifying the level of viruses in major forms of diseases such as hepatitis c, cancer, or HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infections. These also provide physicians with accurate information about a person’s symptoms so that doctors can make treatments personalized for each individual.
How is PCR used to diagnose cancer?
PCR diagnoses cancer by testing DNA or RNA in cells. It conducts PCR tests to determine the type of cancer. It follows basically three steps for PCR testing –
- Collecting a blood or tissue sample from the person.
- The laboratory researcher then heats the sample with a machine that separates the DNA samples into two pieces. The primers are attached to the DNA after it gets cooled down. This process causes duplication of original DNA samples.
- Repetition of the entire process as many times as required to create multiple copies of DNA.
PCR test is entrusted with detecting pathogens in the DNA and finding the root cause of genetic changes in the body to procure effective treatment against cancer.
Methods of Molecular Diagnostics at Uhapo?
Molecular diagnostic testing has revolutionized the field of microbiology to detect DNA or RNA cells. Several methods are used for diagnosing cancer in a body including
- In Vitro Diagnostics – In this method, tests are done on samples such as blood or tissue to determine the level of cancer.
- Tissue Sampling – Testing of bodily fluids or tissue for examination of symptoms.
- Tissue Storage – It is a preserved method where collected samples are frozen for short-term or long-term storage.
Types of PCR
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) has several types based on the testing required by specialist doctors to perform including –
- Real-Time PCR – DNA molecules are marked by fluorescent dye for checking PCR.
- Nested PCR – It labels initial PCR cycles by using new primers
- Multiplex PCR – Multiplies fragments through a number of primers
- Hot Start PCR – It blends antibodies by inactivating Taq polymerase through heat.
- Long-range PCR – Ranges of DNA are increased by polymerase mixture
- Assembly PCR – Overlapping primers increase the range of DNA
- Asymmetric PCR – One strand of the DNA is amplified.
Why choose Uhapo for Molecular Diagnostics Labs?
Uhapo has adopted a multidimensional approach to providing intensive care and treatment to cancer patients. It provides a wide range of services from chemotherapy, molecular diagnostics, psycho-oncologists, cancer support group, and homecare assistance.
We at Uhapo, offer Molecular Diagnostics that rely on detecting DNA or RNA molecules that examine the genomic variants for the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. This Diagnosis has the potential to identify the red flags in diseases which were quite tough to identify with traditional methods. Therefore, many hospitals have adopted this new technique of diagnosis for detecting the disease in depth.
Molecular Diagnostic is a costly procedure in many service centers so we have tried to make it cost-effective and accessible to cancer patients all around Mumbai. With our highly innovative technologies, we constantly aim to provide solutions for the best patient outcomes.
FAQ for Molecular Diagnostics in Mumbai:
Q: What is molecular diagnostics?
A: Molecular diagnostics is a type of laboratory testing that uses various techniques to detect and analyze genetic material, such as DNA or RNA, in order to diagnose and monitor various diseases or conditions.
Q: What types of tests do molecular diagnostics labs in Mumbai offer?
A: Molecular diagnostics labs in Mumbai may offer a variety of tests, depending on their specific area of focus and expertise. Some examples of tests that may be offered include genetic testing for hereditary diseases, infectious disease testing, cancer diagnostics, and pharmacogenetic testing.
Q: How do I know if a molecular diagnostics lab in Mumbai is reliable?
A: There are several factors that can indicate the reliability of a molecular diagnostics lab, including accreditation from recognized organizations, adherence to quality control standards, use of validated testing methods, and the qualifications and experience of the laboratory staff. You can also look for reviews or testimonials from other customers to get an idea of their experience with the lab.
Q: How long does it typically take to get results from a molecular diagnostics test?
A: The turnaround time for molecular diagnostics tests can vary depending on the specific test and the laboratory conducting the test. Some tests may have a turnaround time of just a few days, while others may take several weeks. Your healthcare provider or the laboratory should be able to provide you with an estimate of how long you can expect to wait for results.
Q: How much does molecular diagnostics testing typically cost?
A: The cost of molecular diagnostics testing can vary widely depending on the specific test, the laboratory conducting the test, and the location. Some tests may be covered by insurance, while others may require out-of-pocket payment. It is best to check with the laboratory or your healthcare provider for information on the cost of specific tests.
Q: Do I need a referral from a healthcare provider to get tested at a molecular diagnostics lab?
A: It depends on the specific laboratory and the type of test you are seeking. Some laboratories may require a referral from a healthcare provider in order to perform certain tests, while others may allow patients to request testing directly. It is best to check with the laboratory or your healthcare provider to determine whether a referral is needed.
Q: How should I prepare for a molecular diagnostics test?
A: The preparation for a molecular diagnostics test can vary depending on the specific test being performed. In general, you may be asked to avoid certain medications or foods before the test, and you may need to provide a blood or tissue sample for analysis. Your healthcare provider or the laboratory should provide you with specific instructions on how to prepare for the test.