About, Dr. Shweta Bansal
Dr. Shweta Bansal is a well-known Hemato Oncologist with more than 19 years of experience currently practicing at SRCC Children Hospital, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai. She has worked as a blood cancer doctor and specializes in treating cancer through therapies and bone marrow transplantation. She has also gained 10+ years of experience in the field of Pediatric Oncology from national and international hospitals.
Dr. Shweta Bansal is skilled and experienced in various medical specialties including
- Childhood Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer Treatment
- MBBS – Government Medical College, Mumbai, 1998
- DNB – Pediatrics – Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi, 2004
- Fellowship – Pediatric Oncology – Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
- Fellowship – IOP – St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, USA
- Fellowship – Bone Marrow Transplant – National University Hospital, Singapore, 2013
Dr. Shweta Bansal is a certified Pediatric Haemato-Oncologist doctor working as a consultant in –
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital (HNRFH)
- Honorary Pediatric Hemato-oncology Consultant at Asian Cancer Institute, Mumbai, India
- Honorary Pediatric Visiting Faculty and BMT Incharge at LTMGH, Sion hospital
Dr. Shweta received her training in Pediatric Hemato Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital, Delhi, and Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. She has performed over 50 transplants on blood cancer patients that included conditions like thalassemia, aplastic anemia, Fanconi`s anemia, leukemia, neuroblastoma, and immunodeficiency conditions. She has held several positions in past years by contributing to the field of oncology from the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Chapter of IAP (2014-Present) as a Treasurer, South Asian Journal Of Cancer, PubMed Indexed (2014-2016) as Editor in Chief, Marrow Donor Registry of India (2010-Present) as an executive member, and Newsletter, Marrow Donor Registry Of India (2010-2011) as an Editor. Dr. Shweta has nominated and received several awards from both national and international organizations. She has been also facilitated in many societies and groups for her outstanding work in the field of medical oncology.
Dr. Shweta Bansal is a member of many national and international institutions such as
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- International society of pediatric oncology (SIOP)
- Americal Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESOMO)
- Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Pediatric Hemato-Oncology, Chapter of IAP (PHO-IAP)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Associate member of Viva Asia BMT Group
- Member Indian Stem Cell Transplant registry (ISCTR)
- Indian Pediatric Oncology Group (InPOG)
Dr. Shweta Bansal has authored many publications from
- Ndvh- Are There Any Contraindications Published In Journal Of Obstetrics & Gynecology Of India, vol.56 No.2, March- April 2006
- Comparative Study Of Morbidity & Mortality Associated With Non-Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy And Abdominal Hysterectomy Based On Ultrasonographic Determination Of Uterine Volume In International Journal Of Surgery, Int Surg.2008 Mar-Apr;93(2):88-94.
- Paper Presentation On Rhesus Negative Pregnancy And Dilated Cardiomyopathy In Aicc- Rcog Annual Conference By Rcog North Zone Representative Committee In March 2009.
- Paper presentation on Non-Descent Vaginal Hysterectomy in FOGSI North Zone Labour Delivery Conference by Agra Obstetrics & Gynaecology Society on 26th & 27th November 2005.
- Poster Presentation On Atypical Presentation Of Hellp Syndrome In Aicc- Rcog Annual Conference By Rcog North Zone Representative Committee In March 2009 In New Delhi.
- Paper presentation on Fetal Growth Retardation in the AICC-RCOG Annual Conference organized by East Zone Representative Committee of RCOG in collaboration with Bengal Obstetric & Gynaecological Society on 2nd March 2002 in Kolkata
Dr. Shweta Bansal has received several prestigious awards globally –
- Best Poster Presentation at Leukaemia Conference for incorporation of high-dose cytarabine improves the outcome of children and young adults with non-T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
- At 39th SIOP Meeting, Clinical Presentation & outcome of children with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with a uniform short duration intensive protocol in India.
- Best paper awards at national and international conferences
- Invited as guest editor for the CML edition of IJMPO journal which presented 8000 patients of CML from all over India
- Felicitated by the Society of Oncology, Patna in 2010 for work in the field of Pediatric Oncology
- She has also done tremendous work in bleeding disorders, hemoglobinopathies like thalassemia, sickle cell disease, ITP, and primary immunodeficiency
- Nominated as the best hematologist by India today survey 2021 and Outlook health survey for TOP doctors 2022
Top Pediatric Hemato Oncologist in Mumbai, that specializes in treating blood cancer with Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, and Bone Marrow transplant. Dr. Shweta is a highly recommended pediatrician for cancer child care. She has established a mark in blood cancer treatments by providing adequate medical facilities for patients. She is also one of the first Medical oncologist doctors to start Immunotherapy for Pediatric cancer patients in India. Dr. Shweta Bansal has also done marvelous work in diseases such as thalassemia, sickle cell, and ITP.