About, Dr. Sewanti Limaye
Dr. Sewanti Limaye is one of the most renowned Medical Oncologists in Mumbai with over 17+ years of experience. She is currently working as a consultant at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Mumbai. Dr. Sewanti Limaye is also the Director of Medical & Precision Oncology at Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Sewanti Limaye is a medical specialist in following major interventions including
- Medical Oncology,
- Management of Head and Neck Cancers,
- Lung Cancer,
- Breast Cancer,
- Gastrointestinal Cancers,
- Genitourinary Cancers,
- Gynaecological Cancers,
- Targeted Therapy,
- Cancer Genomics
- MBBS – Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Bhagalpur
- MD – New York University
- Resident – Internal Medicine – NY Downtown Hospital – New York University
- MS – Patient-Oriented Research – Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, USA
- Diplomate American Board – Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology – USA
Dr. Sewanti Limaye is certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology and deals with solid tumors including Gastrointestinal, Genituotary, and Gynecological cancers. Dr. Sewanti specializes in various therapeutic areas of treatment including Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, and Targeted therapy. She has gained proficient knowledge by working in various hospitals and universities such as
- Medical Oncology, Consultant- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Andheri, Mumbai, currently working
- Medicine, Assistant Professor – Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York-USA
- Medical Oncology, Attending Physician- Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York-USA
- Medical Oncology, Attending Physician- Dana Farber Cancer Institute/Brigham Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School in Boston, USA
- Medical Oncology, Attending Physician- Phase I – Early Drug Development Center – Harvard Medical School in Boston, USA
Dr. Sewanti has been a part of several national and international trials and also was associated with Data Safety Monitory boards. Dr. Limaye is also committed to the development of precision protocols in cancer care and novel therapeutics for advancement in technologies for lowering incidence rates.
She also provides a range of treatments including
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia – ALL in Adults
- Anal Cancer Treatment
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bladder Cancer Treatment
- Brain CNS Tumor Treatment – Adults
- Brain CNS Tumors Treatment – Children
- Breast Cancer-Surgical
- Cancer in Children
- Carcinoma of Unknown Primary (CUP) Treatment
- Castleman Disease Treatment
- Cervical Cancer Treatment
- Endometrial Cancer Treatment
- Esophagus Cancer Treatment
- Eye Cancer Treatment
- Hairy Cell Leukemia – HCL
Dr. Sewanti Limaye is a –
- Member of Hematology and Medical Oncology, USA
- Fellowship – Masters of Science in Patient-Oriented Research – Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, USA
- Fellowship – Hematology and Medical Oncology – Albert Einstein University, North Shore- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New York, USA
Dr. Sewanti Limaye has authored more than 60 international and national publications. Some of the recent publications are mentioned below
- Accurate prostate cancer detection based on enrichment and characterization of prostate cancer-specific circulating tumor cells
- Integrated proteomics and phosphoproteomics revealed druggable kinases in neoadjuvant chemotherapy-resistant tongue cancer
- Addendum: A case report of androgen receptor inhibitor therapy in recurrent high-grade serous ovarian cancer
- Accurate Prostate Cancer Detection based on Circulating Tumor Cell Profiling
- Response to pazopanib‐based combination regimen in a case of FGFR3 amplified gastric adenocarcinoma
- Response to Pazopanib-based Combination Regimen in a Case of FGFR3 Amplified Gastric Adenocarcinoma
- Improved Treatment Outcomes by Using Patient Specific Drug Combinations in Mammalian Target of Rapamycin Activated Advanced Metastatic Cancers
- Angiogenesis Inhibitors in Personalized Combination Regimens for the Treatment of Advanced Refractory Cancers
- VP01.23 Non-invasive Diagnostic Triaging of Suspected Lung Cancers based on Immunocytochemistry Profiling of Circulating Tumor Cells
- John-Flynn Young Investigator Award for Excellence in Clinical Research
- The Rose and Jack Horowitz Award for Excellence in Patient Care
- Medical Oncology Research Excellence Award -ASCO 2008 for Excellence in Clinical Research.
- She was recently nominated to serve as the National Chair of the Sub-protocol Arm B of the landmark NCI-MATCH Trial.
Dr. Sewanti Limaye is a highly respected medical oncologist in India who has made significant contributions to the field of cancer treatment. Her dedication to patient care and research has earned her recognition both in India and abroad.
Dr. Limaye graduated from the Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals in Mumbai with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree. She later completed her residency in internal medicine at the same hospital before pursuing a fellowship in hematology-oncology at the Tata Memorial Hospital, also in Mumbai.
After completing her fellowship, Dr. Limaye worked at the Tata Memorial Hospital for several years before joining the medical oncology department at the Apollo Hospitals in Chennai. At Apollo, she served as a consultant medical oncologist and was instrumental in developing the hospital’s bone marrow transplant program. She also established the palliative care program at the hospital, which provides comfort and support to patients with advanced-stage cancer.
Dr. Limaye’s research interests include breast cancer and hematological malignancies, and she has published several papers on these topics in peer-reviewed journals. She has also presented her work at numerous national and international conferences.
In addition to her clinical and research work, Dr. Limaye is committed to educating the next generation of medical professionals. She has served as a faculty member for various training programs and has supervised several research projects undertaken by medical students and residents.
Dr. Limaye’s dedication to patient care and research has earned her several awards and accolades. In 2017, she was awarded the Women Achievers Award by the Indian Medical Association, and in 2019, she was named among the top 10 oncologists in India by Times of India.
Dr. Sewanti Limaye is a highly respected medical oncologist in India who has made significant contributions to the field of cancer treatment. Her commitment to patient care, research, and education has earned her recognition both in India and abroad.