About, Dr. Nagraj Huilgol
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol is a highly qualified Radiation Oncology doctor with a rich experience of over 45 years in this field. He is currently practicing at Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol has a medical specialty in treating cancer with radiation therapy or high-energy x-rays. The conditions he treats in cancer patients are –
- Cervical Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Kidney Tumors
- Pancreas Tumors
- Brain and Spinal Cord tumors
- Lung Tumors
- Head and Neck cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Thyroid Tumors
- Prostate Cancer
- Eye Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Spine Tumors
- S.S.L.C 1967, K.E.B., High School, Dharwad, Karnataka
- M.B.B.S 1975, Karnataka University, Dharwad
- D.G.O 1977, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mumbai
- MD 1980, An Indian Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Scholarship: National Merit Scholarship during Graduate, Studies in Medicine
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol is a renowned Radiation Oncology Surgeon with a past experience in –
- Physician – Dept. of Radiotherapy, Bombay Hospital, MRC
- Physician at Dept. of Surgery and Surgical Oncology – Nanavati Hospital & MRC
- Physician – Tata Memorial Hospital
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol is an experienced doctor in performing popular procedures such as Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Stereotactic Radio Therapy (SRT). Proton Therapy is also one of the popular types of radiation therapy performed under Dr. Nagraj Huilgo’s guidance. It includes X-rays and high-ray beams to treat cancerous cells. It uses positively charged particles known as protons for cancerous and non-cancerous tumors. Dr. Nagraj also performs CyberKnife Radiations for Prostate tumors and is usually recommended to men with prostate cancer.
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol is a member of several associations –
- Association of Radiation Oncologists, India
- Indian Association of Medical Oncology, India
- Indian Society of Oncology, India.
- Indian Association of Immunologists, India.
- Indian Association of Cytologists, India.
- Indian Association of Hyperthermic Oncology & Medicine, India.
- Association of Medical Physicists of India.
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society for Radiation Biology
- Indian Society for Head & Neck Oncology
- Indian Society of Cancer
- Association of Health Administration
- Association of British Scholars
- Indian Brachytherapy Society
- Indian Nuclear Society
- Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO)
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol has authored around
- 100 published papers in national and international journals
- Edited three books related to cancer
- Haldar Memorial Oration Association Of Radiation Oncologist Of India-2010
Dr. Nagraj Huilgol has been elected as a Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences. He has also been involved in clinical research and bench research in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, and Bhabha Atomic Research Cancer, Bombay. Currently, he is involved in exploring the role of hyperthermia in the treatment of Head & Neck cancer & HIV. Indian Council of Medical is also supporting Dr. Nagraj Huilgol in this cancer trial that will improve the efficacy, preciseness, and cost of cancer treatments.