About, Dr. Kumar Prabhash
Dr. Kumar Prabhash is a well-known Medical Oncologist with over 20 years of experience currently working at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai as Head of the Medical Oncology Department. He also worked as a professor in the same hospital in 2004 and was engaged for two years. Prabhash is considered to be one of the leading medical oncologists in India.
Dr. Kumar Prabhash performs major interventions in the following specialties –
- Medical Oncology
- Lung Cancer
- Head and Neck tumor.
- MBBS in Medicine and Surgery from Maulana Azad Medical College in 1995.
- Doctor of Medicine degree in Internal Medicine from Maulana Azad Medical College in 1999.
- Doctor of Medicine degree in Medical Oncology from Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology.
Dr. Kumar Prabhash has memberships in various medical association societies such as –
- Mumbai Hematology Group
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- European Society of Medical Oncology
Dr. Kumar Prabhash has over 20 years of experience as a Medical Oncologist and worked on more than 80 projects in his career. He started his career in 2004 as a Medical Oncologist Professor at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. After four years around 2009, he started working as a Medical Oncologist doctor in the same hospital. He still continues to work in Tata Memorial Hospital as Head of the Oncology Department.
Dr. Kumar Prabhash has an extensive list of 17 publications under his name, among them few are –
EGFR mutation in squamous cell carcinoma of the lung: does it carry the same connotation as in adenocarcinomas?, DovePress Journal Vol.10, 1859-1863, 2017.
Epidermal growth factor receptor exon 20 mutation in lung cancer: types, incidence, clinical features and impact on treatment, DovePress Journal Vol. 10, Pages 2903-2908, 2017.
- The outcome of uncommon EGFR mutation-positive newly diagnosed advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients: a single center retrospective analysis, DovePress Journal, Vol.10, 1-10, 2019.
Dr. Kumar Prabhash developed a comprehensive multimedia teaching module for young surgeons that includes –
- Solid 1 (breast, gynecological, gastrointestinal, bone, and soft tissue)
- Solid 2 (thoracic, head and neck, brain, urological)
- Adult hematolymphoid malignancies
In this training program, he educated young fellow medical oncologists on the evaluation of cancer patients’ diseases to determine accurately the stage and type of cancer for adequate treatment.
Dr. Kumar Prabhash has won several awards including –
- Prestigious Dr. B.C. Roy Award
- Recipient of the MOSCON (Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society) award
- Madam Curie fellowship
- IAEA (International Atomic Energy) Fellowship
Top Oncologists Mumbai Dr. Kumar Prabhash has been invited as a speaker at ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology). He also has propagated initiatives and patient programs for society’s awareness and benefits. Conducted vast research and training for administration in this field on various specialties. This has generated significant interest among young surgeons in the field of lung cancer, and head and neck cancer through the organization of training programs on recent developments.
Submit your review
I want to know how to connect with Dr. Kumar Prabhash sir for an Online appointment...