About, Dr. Boman Dhabhar
Dr. Boman Dhabhar is a renowned doctor with an outstanding experience of over 30 years in Medical Oncology. He is currently practicing at Fortis Hospital, Mulund – Mumbai. Dr. Boman started his career at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical & General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai as an intern. He also achieved super specialization in Medical Oncology and Hematology from Tata Memorial hospital immediately after pursuing MD – Internal Medicine in 1988. He is recognized as an experienced doctor in providing the best and most effective treatments for all stages of cancer and age groups.
Dr. Boman Dhabhar has acquired a super specialization in Medical Oncology and Hematology. In addition to that, he has a medical specialty in major interventions including
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Precision Medicine
- M.B.B.S., Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai in 1985
- M. D. (Internal Medicine), Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai in 1988
- Super specialization training in Medical Oncology and Hemat-Oncology at Tata Memorial Hospital
- Certification in Medical Oncology, European Society of Medical Oncology
Dr. Dhabhar started his career in 1994 as a consultant in several hospitals. He has experience in managing immuno-compromised patients, hematologic therapeutic agents, and solid tumor malignancies. He also has proficient skills and experience from practicing in Hemat-Oncology Departments in his career –
- Department of Hemat-Oncology Kuwait Cancer Control Centre, Kuwait [one of the largest Oncology Centre in Middle East]
- Worked as House Officer under Dr. M. Agarwal (Hematologist) D. (Gen. Medicine) MNAMS., at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital. During the period took active interest in detailed work-up of Hematology patients.
- Worked under Dr. M. B. Agarwal, M.D., MNAMS as a Lecturer at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical & General Hospital, Mumbai. Actively participated in running the Hematology Outpatient Department.
Dr. Boman Dhabhar has also engaged in Medicine care units, General Medicine wards, Cardiology and Intensive Respiratory Care units, and Gastroenterology units. He is involved in many cancer research therapies for malignant cancer, breast cancer, and lung cancer. Dr. Dhabhar is perpetually engaged in the creation of targeted therapies for tumors, bone marrow biopsy, lymphatic cancer, pain management, and patient counseling for efficacy in treatment. Dr.Boman Dhabhar’s focus is on achieving new technological methods for the treatment of cancer patients by compelling improvement in results at any cancer stage.
Dr. Boman Dhabhar is a member of many national and international publications
- Member of the Indian Medical Association
- He was President of the Mumbai Urological Society in the year 2003
- He was President of the Urological Society of India in the year 2015
He has acquired certification and a fellowship in
- Medical Oncology and Hemato Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Boman Dhabhar has more than 30 publications and international journals published in his name
- Nanivadekar SA., Punamiya KK., Popat UR., Dhabhar B. N., Bichile LS. A study of eleven Patients accidentally exposed to chlorine fumes. Indian Practitioner, May 1987, pp 311-315.
- Seshadri S., Dhabhar B. N., Ramteke G., Vishwanath N., Nabar ST., Palankar SP., Bhave GG., Gogate A., Agarwal MB., Shah AC. and Deshmukh SN. Acquired Immunodeficiency syndrome case report. Indian Practitioner, Feb. 1988 pp. 117-119.
- Nanivadekar SA., Bhat PP., Sawant PD., Bichile LS., Shroff CP., Dhabhar B. N. Ahayankar NY., Kambali PJ. Rapid diagnostic test of campylobacter pylori infection in patients with gastritis, duodenal ulcer, and gastric ulcer – A study of 100 cases. Journal of Association of Physician of India 37; 307-310, 1989.
- Malhotra H., Dhabhar B. N. and Advani SH., Bone Marrow biopsy in the staging of Malignant Lymphoma. Journal of Association of Physicians of India 38; 603, 1990. Dhabhar B. N., Banavali S., and Advani SH. Presented Paper “The Pattern of Malignant Lymphoma in India” at the Annual Conference of Bombay, Hematology Group on 17, 18 Feb. 1990 held at Grant Medical College, J. J. Hospital, Bombay.
Awards and Honours
Dr. Boman Dhabhar is awarded many prestigious awards from –
- Stood sixth among all International Oncologists in ESMO Medical Oncology Examination, Vienna.
- Stood FIRST in MD (Internal Medicine) L.T.M.M.C. & General Hospital, Sion, Mumbai – 400 022.
- Was among the first 20 Post – Doctorate Medical Students selected by the State Super specialty Entrance Examination Board, Maharashtra.
Dr. Boman Dhabhar is a well-known specialist doctor for explicit diagnosis and treatment in cancer staging. He has treated over 20,000 cancer patients in his career with a high success rate and efficacy. Dr. Boman Dhabhar has a strong interest in cancer research and studies on various topics of Hemat-Oncology, Solid tumors, and malignancies for diagnosis of blood-related diseases, infections, and control of toxicities in drugs. Honored with various certifications and awards for contribution to the management of complex cancer cases with an esteemed career in oncology.