Dr. Kunal Jobanputra
Dr. Kunal Jobanputra is amongst the young medical oncologists in Mumbai with over 8 years of experience currently working at MOC Cancer Care and Research Center – Mahim, Mumbai Central as a Consultant Medical Oncologist. He has gained expertise in major interventions of Surgical Oncology. He specializes in treating and managing solid malignancies specifically in adult and pediatric patients.
Dr. Kunal Jobanputra has medical expertise in the following specialty areas –
- Solid Tumors
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Breast and Gynaecological malignancies
- Prostate Cancer
- Bone tumors
- Testicular Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Hematological malignancies like multiple myeloma, leukemia, and lymphoma.
- Lung Cancer
- Oral Cancer
B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad from Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) in 2014.
Seth GS Medical College from MD Internal Medicine Medicine in 2015.
Tata Memorial Centre from DM Medical Oncology in 2019
Dr. Kunal Jobanoputra has memberships in various medical association societies such as –
- Mumbai Hematology Group
- Association of Physicians of India
- Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- European Society of Medical Oncology
Dr. Kunal Jobanputra is certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology which deals with solid tumors including Gastrointestinal, Genituotary, and Gynecological cancers. He started his career as a Medical Oncologist Professor at KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He has a specialization in treating and diagnosing cancer using chemotherapy, targeted therapy, biological therapy, and hormonal therapy. He is an expert Medical oncologist who ensures the patient receives comprehensive and coordinated care. He is determined to improve the overall quality of life of patients by managing their symptoms and pain, especially those dealing with advanced or incurable cancers. He is strong-headed and therefore has adopted a patient-centric approach by taking into consideration the patient’s overall well-being, preferences, and care to provide a more personalized and supportive experience for individuals facing cancer.
Dr. Kunal Jobanputra has gained proficient knowledge by working in various hospitals such as –
Assistant Professor of Medicine in KEM Hospital Mumbai
Assistant Professor in TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Consultant Medical Oncologist in MOC Cancer Care and Research Centre
Consultant Medical Oncologist & Hemato-oncologist in Shushrusha Citizen Co Operative Hospital Ltd
Dr. Kunal Jobanputra has an extensive list of 15 publications under his name, among them few are –
- Repurposing pantoprazole in combination with systemic therapy in advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: A phase I/II randomized study
- Pattern of recurrence following radical cystectomy and perioperative chemotherapy in muscle-invasive bladder cancer and outcomes to salvage systemic therapy
- A comparative study evaluating the quality of life in patients receiving chemotherapy versus oral TKI in the third line and beyond setting for advanced non–small-cell lung cancer.
- Impact of pre-treatment anemia on survival in locally advanced head neck squamous cell carcinomas treated with radiation with or without concurrent chemotherapy.
- Results of Phase III Randomized Trial for Use of Docetaxel as a Radiosensitizer in Patients With Head and Neck Cancer, Unsuitable for Cisplatin-Based Chemoradiation
Dr. Kunal Jobanputra has won several awards including –
- Dr. Vinaykumar Palekar Prize
- Late Prabhakar Ramdas Sadhale Memorial Award
- Late Mr. Trimbak Malekar
- Dr. Shailaja Trimbak Malekar Prize
- Dr. Venkatesh Katterao Habbu Gold Medal Award